Daniel DrummondHouston, Texas
Proven Credit and Management professional with solid experience in multiple industries, including energy and oil & gas support. Long experience with Risk Analysis and Credit decisions. Recognized for strong analysis skills and team building. Also noted for preventing/reducing losses through process improvement and cross-training. Work experience includes auditing and internal controls.
Credit Policy ◦ Accounts Receivable ◦ Internal Controls ◦ Audit ◦ Risk Analysis ◦ Reconciliations ◦ SAP ◦ Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance ◦ Budgets ◦ Project Decision Experience ◦ Large Material Responsibilities ◦ Statistical Analysis ◦
NEWMANS, Houston (2009-date) Manufacturer and Distributor of pipeline valves to international customers. Joint Venture partner with Cameron Industries.
Established credit limits, managed collections, bad debt, specific reserves, liquidated damages, retained payments, review terms and conditions on project contracts, reconcile accounts and disputes, managed revenue recognition.
Global Credit Manager (2009-date)
RELIANT ENERGY, Houston TX (2000 – 2009) Subsidiary to NRG Energy, Princeton NJ
Public company selling electricity to Retail, Wholesale, and the Industrial market.
Monitored payment histories on large accounts, addressed credit risk and financial instability of customer accounts. Determined security requirements for new accounts. Collected delinquent A/R and settled disputes on Reliant Energy gas accounts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey in 2001.
Supervisor, A/R Management (2005-2009)
Supervisor, Business Services Credit (2003-2005)
Lead, Retail Business Services Credit & Collections (2001-2003)
Credit Consultant, Retail Business Services Credit & Collections (2001)
Credit Analyst, Retail Business Services Credit & Collections (2000-2001)
• Increased Escalated Collections recovery by over $1 million from previous year
• Improved revenue metrics: Agency Revenue up 30%, Small Claims revenue up 40% year-to-year
• Redesigned Small Claims process for Retail accounts, resolution time reduced by 37%
• Developed Sarbanes-Oxley provisions into Business Credit procedures and business rules
• Led credit analysts addressing security and A/R issues for small-to-medium businesses, producing $8 million 2003-2005.
MARIMON BUSINESS SYSTEMS, Houston TX (2000)
Private company leasing/selling wholesale and retail office equipment. Created first-ever A/R department for company with $2 million annual sales. Determined credit risk for new applicants and credit covenants for all customers.
Manager, Accounts Receivable (2000)
• Created first consistent Credit and Collections policies for Marimon, resulting in better internal controls
• Created A/R sub-ledger. Located, organized and filed source documents. Standardized collections process, and determined escalation actions. Greatly reduced loss from delinquency, fraud and non-payment
• Reduced A/R by 60% in six months (March A/R $540k, August A/R $215k on same accounts)
NATIONAL HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE, Houston TX (1994-2000)
Private third-party medical claims administration and repricing company and health provider network. Conducted site audits and credential inspections of medical providers applying to network with over 1,200 members and annual revenues of $4 million. Investigated insurance claims and medical service issues. Examined claims records for trends, unusual activity, or suspicious behavior.
Site Auditor, Provider Relations (1998-2000)
Provider Representative, Provider Relations (1996-1998)
Repricing Team Lead (1995-1996)
Claims Repricer (1994-1995)
• Directed a team of claims repricers, verified claims accuracy and process rate, increasing rate of production from 50 claims/day per agent to 80 claims/day per agent.
• Created standard compliance verification process for network admissions, improving security and customer satisfaction in provider quality.
• Expanded network from 400 providers to over 1,200 providers in three year period
CINEPLEX ODEON, Inc., Multiple Texas locations (1983-1994)
A private multinational corporation providing cinematic exhibitions. Full operational responsibility for 60-employee facility, including all financial reports. Created and defended budget for facility. Performed inventory management and tracked performance metrics. Conducted area operations audits.
Senior Manager (1988-1994)
Assistant Manager (1983)
• Created internal controls and operating practices, instituted effective cross-training, which resulted in significant decrease in shrinkage and employee theft, best loss control in District five years straight.
• Increased gross profit margin from 58% to 70%
• Improved concessions per-capita revenue from previous Manager by at least 10 %
M.B.A. (Accounting) University of Houston at Victoria. Victoria, Texas.
Member, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
B.A. Baylor University, Waco, Texas.